Merge lp://staging/~jimpop/mailman/dmarc-reject into lp://staging/mailman/2.1

Proposed by Barry Warsaw
Merged at revision: 1456
Proposed branch: lp://staging/~jimpop/mailman/dmarc-reject
Merge into: lp://staging/mailman/2.1
Diff against target: 196 lines (+131/-0)
5 files modified
Mailman/Gui/Privacy.py (+24/-0)
Mailman/Handlers/Moderate.py (+19/-0)
Mailman/MailList.py (+2/-0)
Mailman/Utils.py (+83/-0)
Mailman/versions.py (+3/-0)
To merge this branch: bzr merge lp://staging/~jimpop/mailman/dmarc-reject
Reviewer Review Type Date Requested Status
Mark Sapiro Approve
Review via email: mp+215591@code.staging.launchpad.net
To post a comment you must log in.
Revision history for this message
Mark Sapiro (msapiro) wrote :

The merge is clean. I will be reviewing/testing further tomorrow.

Thanks greatly Jim, and I'm sorry it took the recent "wake-up" call to get action on this. It would have been better if I'd done this sooner.

review: Approve
Jim Popovitch (jimpop) wrote :

> The merge is clean. I will be reviewing/testing further tomorrow.
>
> Thanks greatly Jim, and I'm sorry it took the recent "wake-up" call to get
> action on this. It would have been better if I'd done this sooner.

Awesome, I am glad to see this headed in this direction. Mark, no need for any regret, I'm just glad to contribute something that is hopefully helpful.

Revision history for this message
Mark Sapiro (msapiro) wrote :

I have merged this branch as a starting point. I am refactoring a few things including removing the Hold option and adding Munge From and Wrap Message options so the choices are "Accept, Wrap Message, Munge From, Reject and Discard" and the list owner is not allowed to set an option with a lower value than the site default.

I am also keeping the general Wrap Message and Munge From list options which will apply to messages From: domains without DMARC reject/quarantine and all messages if this setting is Accept.

I want to thank you again for this work Jim and also point out one problem I found.

The code in Moderate includes

    if sender:
        if Utils.IsDmarcProhibited(sender):

but sender may not be the From: address. I made this

    dn, addr = email.Utils.parseaddr(msg.get('from'))
    if addr:
        if Utils.IsDmarcProhibited(addr)

Revision history for this message
Jim Popovitch (jimpop) wrote :

Thanks for feedback Mark. Should I push that change to dmarc-reject, or let that branch die now that the code is being merged?

Revision history for this message
Mark Sapiro (msapiro) wrote :

Wait until I publish the merged 2.1 branch. Then if you think this branch is still useful, fix it. Otherwise let it die.

Revision history for this message
Jim Popovitch (jimpop) wrote :

IMO, the dmarc-reject branch is useless after this merge, so I will let it die.

Thanks!

Preview Diff

[H/L] Next/Prev Comment, [J/K] Next/Prev File, [N/P] Next/Prev Hunk
The diff is not available at this time. You can reload the page or download it.